Revostock

Welcome! My name is Alan Shisko, and I'm a freelance motion graphics artist working out of Toronto, Canada. I've been very lucky in my career to have had many inspiring teachers, and decided to start this blog to give back to the community that has enriched me both technically and aesthetically. Perhaps my words and images will inspire you to do the same! If you wish, take a minute to view my demo reel at Shisko.com, or view a comprehensive gallery of my past work Here.


Friday, January 11, 2008

Edgy Glints


Have you ever wondered how to create those little traveling glints that you'll see now and again on design lines and element edges? Every designer has their own 'recipe' that works for them, and here you'll find three different strategies that will give your compositions a little extra bit of zing.

First, take a look at THIS little clip (QT, MP4, pjpeg, 1.7 mb) and you'll see a simple composition with three subtly different glints traveling along the edge of the lower 3rd element. Then walk through how it's done with THIS clip (QT, MP4, h.264, 28.8 mb, 16:37).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan,
Nice job as usual. I appreciate the way you explain "why" you do things, not just "how"!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Keep up with the good work :) Looking forward for more tutorials from you in the near future!