You may have been wondering why I haven't been posting to the blog much of late, and now I can finally reveal the reason. I've been hard at work creating a full length, comprehensive motion graphics tutorial for Motionworks' "Making It Look Great" series.
I'll be walking you through all the techniques necessary to create a sophisticated "News Show" opening, plus how you can adapt the intro to create fast and effective Lower Thirds and backgrounds. It's not just a discussion about "how" to design the spot, I also talk a lot about "why" I make certain design decisions during the process.
Topics will include:
• Learning how to think like a designer.
• Secrets of effective project workflow.
• Pro-level modeling and texturing with Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator Pro.
• Advanced techniques for transforming and deforming 3D Invigorator objects.
• Building dynamic transitions using text.
• Beyond–the–ordinary background design.
• Creative color grading with Blend Modes.
• Quick and easy lower third design.
• Mastering the After Effects Graph Editor.
• Tips and tricks for taking control of masks.
My colleague Harry Frank is also contributing a title to the series, and you'll be able to choose either a download or a DVD of the package. It will be available for purchase via Zaxwerks.com very soon. I'll let you know when it's officially released.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Posted by Alan Shisko at 3/16/2008 10:13:00 AM